Movement Media, September 9, 2016
“As a dedicated vegan, I’m proud that my family and our company has stepped up to commit resources over the long-term to take on the terrible plight of farm animals and to promote more compassionate and sustainable dietary choices.”
– David Bronner, CEO of Dr. Bronner’s
Movement Media works with Dr. Bronner’s to develop and execute their annual strategy and giving plan to support leading animal advocacy organizations and other efforts working to reduce the suffering of farm animals and advocate for a transition to healthier and more sustainable food systems.
Central to Dr. Bronner’s mission is fighting for and financially supporting causes that the company believes in. In 2014, animal advocacy was designated as one of the core advocacy causes to direct resources towards. Between 2014 and 2016, Dr. Bronner’s has donated over $800,000 to advocacy in support of the protection of farm animals and to reduce the consumption of meat and other animal-based foods as a means of preventing animal suffering, combatting the horrors and degradation of factory farms, promoting better nutrition and conserving environmental resources.
Through their animal advocacy strategy and giving, Dr. Bronner’s aims to:
- Demonstrate Dr. Bronner’s commitment to supporting the animal rights movement, farm animal protection work and vegetarian/vegan advocacy, while supporting a range of organizations.
- Support innovative and high impact work to improve animal welfare policy and practices; advance protection efforts for farmed animals; expand the market for plant based alternatives to meat and dairy, and promote vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Cultivate relationships across the spectrum of the animal rights and animal protection movement – especially among the most effective and strategic organizations and activists to strengthen these movements and strengthen the ability for the company to support these movements and to play a role in bringing about lasting change.
- Increase the resources available to animal advocates, especially under-funded organizations and efforts.
- Model an example of a successful business that uses their resources and influence to affect the impact that consumption habits have on human health, the environment and animal welfare.