Movement Media, September 9, 2016
“I’m proud that my family is committing resources over the long-term to take on the terrible plight of factory-farmed animals and to promote more compassionate and sustainable dietary choices.”
– David Bronner, CEO of Dr. Bronner’s
Movement Media works with Dr. Bronner’s to develop and execute their annual strategy and giving plan to support leading animal advocacy organizations and other efforts working to reduce the suffering of farmed animals and advocate for a transition to healthier and more sustainable food systems.
Central to Dr. Bronner’s mission is fighting for and financially supporting causes that the company believes in. Since 2014, Dr. Bronner’s has run a dedicated philanthropy program to support organizations that are working to support the protection of farmed animals and wildlife and to reduce the consumption of meat and other animal-based foods as a means of preventing animal suffering on factory farms, promoting better nutrition, and conserving environmental resources.
This commitment is made alongside the institutional support of causes such as fair trade, regenerative organic agriculture, drug policy reform, and wage equality. By the end of 2017, Dr. Bronner’s will have donated more than $600,000, totaling over 1.4 million in the last 4 years given to animal advocacy efforts.
Through their animal advocacy giving, Dr. Bronner’s aims to:
1. Demonstrate Dr. Bronner’s commitment to supporting the animal rights movement, in particular: farm animal protection efforts, meat reduction, and vegetarian/vegan advocacy.
2. Support innovative and high impact work to improve animal welfare policy and practices; advance protection efforts for farmed animals; expand the market for plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy, and promote vegetarian and vegan diets.
3. Cultivate relationships across the spectrum of the animal rights and animal protection movement – especially among the most effective and strategic organizations and activists.
4. Increase the resources available to animal advocates, especially under-funded organizations and efforts, and nurture the growth of the movement.
5. Model an example of a successful business that uses its resources and influence to change consumption habits and thereby make a positive impact on human health, the environment, and the well being of animals.
Related Press Releases