Movement Media, September 17, 2018
Movement Media Seeks Operations Manager
An outstanding individual with a passion for social change to play a key role in supporting Movement Media’s work for our remarkable clients. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years bookkeeping and administrative experience.
Movement Media’s Operations Manager plays an essential role in our day-to-day operations and a critical support role to our Director, all staff, and within our office. This new team member will be part of a unique company that maintains exceptionally high standards while working in a dynamic, faced paced, and forward-thinking environment serving highly visible clients on critical issues related to social justice, sustainability, and socially responsible business.
- This is a part-time, at-will, salaried, and exempt position requiring a commitment to a minimum of 30 hours per week;
- Base compensation begins at $39,000 annually;
- Benefits include no-deductible health insurance + dental and vision, generous 401K-retirement contribution of 15% of base-pay after a three-month probationary period, potential for an annual bonus, generous PTO, and more;
- The position is based out of our Washington, D.C. office;
- Starts December 1st, 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounts payable and receivable;
- Liaise with accountants, advisors, brokers, and other professional service providers, as well as regular vendors, regarding contracts, and provision of services;
- Administer employee benefits;
- Interface with government agencies to assure compliance with applicable regulations;
- Maintain the company’s essential digital and physical files related administration, HR, clients, accounting, and more.
- Anchor our office reception and maintenance;
- Ensure the office is kept in good order, clean, and fully stocked as needed;
- Serve as HR support for our staff;
- Proactively identify ways to improve administrative processes, build team spirit and staff camaraderie, and advance company mission;
- Act as a representative of Movement Media and support the Owner and Director in meetings and other dealings;
- Represent company to clients and potential clients; explain service offerings; negotiate contracts; manage new client business and projects; and occasionally explore and seek out new business opportunities;
- Handle misc. assignments as needed for Director and staff to ensure smooth operations of business.
- Passionate about social issues and interested in supporting the work of campaigns that bolster progressive causes;
- Self-managed, dependable, and act with trustworthiness, integrity, and discretion;
- Confident, outgoing, down to earth, and highly cooperative;
- An extremely savvy, effective, and responsive communicator in person, on the phone, and via email;
- A self-starter with the ability to think independently and work autonomously when necessary;
- Proactive, and show initiative to continually improve your work and contribute to the organization;
- A flexible, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills;
- Committed to executing your work with precision, care, and acumen;
- Experienced in project management from conception to completion.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Superb organizational and time management skills;
- Minimum 5 years bookkeeping and other administrative experience related to the responsibilities described herein;
- Background working in social justice movements and activist campaigns related to human and/or animal rights, and/or the environment;
- Additional experience in one or more of the following: facilities management, data management, benefits management, human resources, project management;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills;
- A positive, and “can do” attitude, as well as a cooperative not competitive work style;
- An aptitude for working with online platforms, such as those of vendors or government entities. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Quickbooks.
This position is essential to our company infrastructure and allows us to provide optimum service to clients such as Dr. Bronner’s, Fair World Project, Vote Hemp, and others. Applicants should be familiar with these entities and interested in the work they do, and also be familiar with the content on our website, http://www.wearemovementmedia.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org a one-paragraph introduction along with an attached zip file or dropbox link with the following application packet in PDF format:
- Cover letter: Min. 800 words; including information tailored to this particular job about why you are interested in and passionate about this position; why you would be a good fit; and what skills you offer
- Two writing samples from the last 2 years
- Two job relevant professional references from the last 3 years
Note: Please consider your application your first assignment related to the (potential) job. All applications that do not submit the full application packet with the content and in the format specified above will not be considered. Please demonstrate complete competence and attention to detail in the application process, including demonstrating impeccable attention to correct grammar and spelling.
Movement Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, people of diverse gender identities, LGBTQ persons, and people of unconventional educational backgrounds to apply.