Movement Media, July 17, 2019
Movement Media is seeking an outstanding individual with a passion for social change to play a key role in supporting Movement Media’s work for our remarkable clients as our Fall/Winter 2019 Global PR Intern. Movement Media’s Global PR Intern will gain valuable insight into the world of public relations and communications related to socially responsible business around the world.
Movement Media is a unique company that maintains exceptionally high standards. We work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and forward-thinking environment serving highly visible clients on critical issues related to social justice, environmental sustainability, and socially responsible business.
- Work a maximum of 16 hours per week, for 15 weeks;
- Receive a stipend of $17.00 per hour; and/or earn (an estimated) 240 hours of post-secondary internship credit;
- Position is based out of our office in Washington, D.C.;
- Position starts: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, Ends: Friday, December 11, 2019
- Work on behalf of clients such as Dr. Bronner’s, Fair World Project, and others under our Communications Manager;
- Support planning and strategy meetings with organizational preparation and note taking;
- Support media outreach, distribute press releases, and pitch compelling news stories through phone calls and emails;
- Engage in targeted media research and build media contact lists;
- Track media through maintaining a database and archive of press coverage;
- Create, edit, and/or write communications materials;
- Document workload and assigned projects;
- Support team projects and office-wide work.
- Passionate about social issues and interested in supporting the work of campaigns that bolster progressive causes;
- Self-managed, dependable, and act with trustworthiness, integrity, and discretion;
- Confident, outgoing, down to earth, and highly cooperative;
- An extremely savvy, effective, and responsive communicator in person, on the phone, and via the written word, including email;
- A self-starter with the ability to think independently and work autonomously when necessary;
- Proactive, and show initiative to continually improve your work and contribute to the organization;
- A flexible, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills;
- Committed to executing your work with precision, care, and acumen.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study;
- Majoring or specializing in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or relevant experience;
- Previous work experience in a marketing or communications position (preferred but not required).
- Superb organizational and time management skills;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills;
- A positive, and “can do” attitude, as well as a cooperative, not competitive, work style;
- An aptitude / interest for working with online platforms such as PR Newswire, Cision, Mailchimp, WordPress, and Meltwater;
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
This position is essential to our company infrastructure and allows us to provide optimum service to clients such as Dr. Bronner’s, Fair World Project, and others. Applicants should be familiar with these entities and interested in the work they do, and also be familiar with the content on our website, http://www.wearemovementmedia.com.
Email email@example.com a one-paragraph introduction along with an attached zip file or Dropbox link with the following application packet in PDF format:
- Cover letter: Min. 600 words; including information tailored to this particular internship about why you are interested in and passionate about this position; why you would be a good fit; and what skills you offer; and why you are interested in working with our clients, such as Dr. Bronner’s and Fair World Project
- Your resume;
- Writing sample (optional);
- Two relevant professional / educational references.
Note: Please consider your application your first assignment related to this (potential) internship. All applications that do not submit the full application packet with the content and in the format specified above will not be considered. Please demonstrate complete competence and attention to detail in the application process, including demonstrating impeccable attention to correct grammar and spelling.
Movement Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, people of diverse gender identities, LGBTQ persons, and people of unconventional educational backgrounds to apply.