“I’m proud that my family is committing resources over the long-term to take on the terrible plight of factory-farmed animals and to promote more compassionate and sustainable dietary choices.”
– David Bronner, CEO of Dr. Bronner’s
Movement Media works with Dr. Bronner’s to develop and execute their annual strategy and giving plan to support leading animal advocacy organizations and other efforts working to reduce the suffering of farmed animals and advocate for a transition to healthier and more sustainable food systems.
Central to Dr. Bronner’s mission is fighting for and financially supporting causes that the company believes in. Since 2014, Dr. Bronner’s has run a dedicated philanthropy program to support organizations that are working to support the protection of farmed animals and wildlife and to reduce the consumption of meat and other animal-based foods as a means of preventing animal suffering on factory farms, promoting better nutrition, and conserving environmental resources.
This commitment is made alongside the institutional support of causes such as fair trade, regenerative organic agriculture, drug policy reform, and wage equality.
Through their animal advocacy giving, Dr. Bronner’s aims to:
1. Demonstrate Dr. Bronner’s commitment to supporting the animal rights movement, in particular: farm animal protection efforts, meat reduction, and vegetarian/vegan advocacy.
2. Support innovative and high impact work to improve animal welfare policy and practices; advance protection efforts for farmed animals; expand the market for plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy, and promote vegetarian and vegan diets.
3. Cultivate relationships across the spectrum of the animal rights and animal protection movement – especially among the most effective and strategic organizations and activists.
4. Increase the resources available to animal advocates, especially under-funded organizations and efforts, and nurture the growth of the movement.
5. Model an example of a successful business that uses its resources and influence to change consumption habits and thereby make a positive impact on human health, the environment, and the well being of animals.
Related Press Releases
2014 — Dr. Bronner’s to Donate $100,000 to Vegetarian and Farm Animal Advocacy
2015 — Dr. Bronner’s Marks Second Year of Core Commitment to Support Animal Advocacy Work
2016 — Top-Selling Brand Marks Third Year of Animal Advocacy Support
2017 — Dr. Bronner’s Celebrates World Vegan Day with Announcement of Over $600,000 to Support Animal Advocacy in 2017
2018 — Top-Selling Natural Soap Brand, Dr. Bronner’s Marks 5th Year of Dedicated Program to Support Animal Advocacy Movement
2019 — Dr. Bronner’s Surpasses $2.5 Million in Donations Since 2013 to Groups Working to End Animal Suffering and Exploitation